ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION OF THE MANY POINT STAFF ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
The name of this Association shall be the MANY POINT STAFF ALUMNI ASSOCIATION.
The principal office of the Association shall be the Northern Star Council, Boy Scouts of America, 393 Marshall Avenue, Saint Paul, MN 55102-1717. The Association may have such other offices as may from time to time be designated by its board of directors.
The purposes of this Association shall be as follows:
(1) To promote social activities for the members of the Association so to sponsor fellowship among former and current staff members of Many Point Scout Camp.
(2) To disseminate information about the members and Many Point Scout Camp by means of such devices as mailing lists, newsletters and updates on the Camp so to encourage communications between members and keep members informed about the current status of Many Point Scout Camp.
(3) To be of service and support to Many Point Scout Camp as deemed appropriate by the members.
The Association shall be an unincorporated association and shall be part of the Northern Star Council, Boy Scouts of America. The Association shall have all powers necessary to accomplish its purposes under these Articles.
(1) Staff Members. All persons who have served or are serving on the staff of Many Point Scout Camp shall be eligible to become members of the Association provided that they pay their annual dues and satisfy any other requirements imposed by the board of directors.
(2) Other Members. Other persons whom the board of directors determines by a majority vote have made a significant contribution to Many Point Scout Camp shall be eligible to become members of the Association provided that they pay their annual dues and satisfy any other requirements imposed by the board of directors. The board may also select honorary lifetime members and waive dues and other requirements for such members.
(3) Voting by Members. Each active member shall be entitled to one vote in the affairs of the Association. Proxy voting is permitted.
The board of directors shall determine the annual dues required for membership annually. The board of directors may establish special dues for certain categories of members.
Dues are established at the rate of $15.00 per year. However, dues for current staff members of Many Point Scout Camp are established at the rate of $ 0.00 per year.
The Association may also establish programs to allow its members to make special donations to Many Point Scout Camp.
(1) Association Funds. All dues, contributions, and other funds received by the Association will be deposited into the Association’s bank account of the Northern Star Council. The Association will receive periodical accounting reports from the Northern Star Council regarding its account balance.
(2) Expenditures. The Association will have the right to spend for its authorized purposes the entire amount in its account with the Northern Star Council, minus a reserve for its outstanding debts. To make any expenditure of such Association funds, a Northern Star Council check requisition must be signed by one of the authorized check requisition signers of the Northern Star Council. A check will then be issued by the Northern Council from the Association's account.
(3) Petty Cash Fund. The Association may establish a petty cash bank account. Such account may only be funded as set forth above in subparagraph (2) and its balance may never exceed two thousand dollars ($2,000). Checks from the petty cash bank account may be signed either by the president or president emeritus.
(1) Annual Meeting. There shall be an annual meeting of the Association. The board of directors shall determine the time and place of the meeting. Notice of the meeting will be provided to all active members at least twenty (20) days before the meeting. Business at the meeting shall include the election of certain officers; election of members of the board of directors, and such other business as shall come before the meeting.
(2) Other Meetings. The board of directors may call such other meetings of the Association as it deems necessary provided at least seven (7) days notice of such meeting is given to the members.
(3) Quorum. There shall not be any quorum requirement for conducting business at any meeting of the Association.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
(1) Governed by Board. A board of directors shall govern the Association. The board shall have ten (10) elected members, the president and nine (9) directors, the president emeritus, recording secretary and the current Many Point Scout Camp Director or thirteen (13) members in total; The election of the president shall be annually and board members will be staggered so that three (3) members will be elected each year.
The Association will strive to have a broad representation serving on the board so that all eras of staff members will be represented on the board.
(2) Board Operating Procedures. A majority of the board shall be the quorum requirement for a board meeting. The board will act by a simple majority of the members present at a meeting. The board may fill vacant board positions and elected offices until the next annual meeting of the Association.
OFFICERS AND COMMITTEES
(1) Elective Officers. The elective officers of this association shall be a president, president emeritus and nine (9) board of directors.
(2) Appointed Officers. Each year the president shall nominate and the board of directors shall appoint a secretary and such other officers as the board deems appropriate.
(3) Committees. The Association will have the following standing committees:
Each of the first two above committees will be chaired by a board member appointed by the board.
The Nominations Committee will be chaired by the outgoing president and its members will consist of the outgoing president and the three board members with one more year remaining on their board term.
The board of directors may establish such other committees and appoint committee chairmens, as it deems appropriate.
Bylaws for the Association may be adopted and amended by a majority vote of the members present at a duly called meeting of the members or by a majority vote of the board of directors.
AMENDMENT OF ARTICLES
These Articles may be amended, in whole or in part, by a majority vote of the members present at a duly called meeting of the members or by a two-thirds vote of the board of directors.
DISTRIBUTION OF PROPERTY ON DISSOLUTION
In the event of dissolution of this Association, its property shall be distributed to the Northern Star Council, Boy Scouts of America.
These Articles of Association are hereby ratified and adopted by the following board members of this Association effective on the 20th day of October 2010.